Samuhik Utthan Sewa Samiti is seeking a Digital Media Strategist based in India with experience developing and implementing mobile and social media programs across multiple campaigns and platforms.
The Digital Media Strategist will report to Samuhik Utthan Sewa Samiti’s Communications Manager and is responsible for developing social media and mobile programs strategies for Samuhik Utthan Sewa Samiti programs and campaigns in India at both the national and state level.
● Develop social media and mobile programs and strategies to advance Samuhik Utthan Sewa Samiti’s mission and specific campaign goals
● Research and ensure Samuhik Utthan Sewa Samiti is on new cutting-edge social media channels and platforms
● Engage and build audiences through online engagement (develop comment strategies, Twitter chats, Facebook questions, etc.)
● Develop and integrate mobile programs and gaming across campaigns
● Build capacity of Samuhik Utthan Sewa Samiti’s grassroots organizers and trainers to integrate community based work with online and mobile initiatives
● Manage consultants and partnerships related to SEO, social media, content strategies, mobile, and design
● Maintain Samuhik Utthan Sewa Samiti campaign sites/manage relationships with developers that build Samuhik Utthan Sewa Samiti campaign websites
● Strategically develop and manage analytics and other measurement tools to determine outcomes and impact
● Build Samuhik Utthan Sewa Samiti audience and increase site traffic
Successful candidates will have demonstrated:
● Minimum 3 – 4 years relevant experience with Internet, social media, and mobile
● Familiarity with Facebook API, iOS apps, Droid, and Google+ (developer experience a plus)
● Extensive knowledge of HTML/CSS
● Familiarity with Google apps (Gmail, Docs, Calendar, Forms)
● Experience working with game and media content developers
● Solid grasp of technology and integration of technology with social-change campaigns
● Knowledge of gender and sexuality issues, not required but preferred
● A collaborative work-style and a self-directed entrepreneurial spirit
● Exceptional ability to manage multiple projects
● Passion for Samuhik Utthan Sewa Samiti’s mission
● Humor, energy for challenges, and passion for social change
Salary is commensurate with experience and benefits include health insurance and 20 days vacation.
Send a cover letter and resume with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with Digital Media Strategist Programs in the subject line.
Resumes sent without a cover letter or salary history will not be considered.
Application deadline is October 15, 2012.
No phone calls and electronic resumes only, please.
Due to a high volume of responses, only qualified candidates will be contacted